Warmbrodt & Associates
Toll Free: 800-611-2638
Phone: 972-509-2725

Let Us Worry So You Don't Have To

January 2016 Archives

Military mother's ex sought for child custody interference

A Texas military mother who was serving our country abroad rushed home to search for her missing 3-year-old daughter. The woman's former husband apparently had temporary child custody of the little girl during the time her mother was in another country. It is reported that the mother and child have not seen each other for two years.

Support and preparation can benefit property division in divorce

Divorce is rarely easy, but proper preparation may make the process less traumatic. Once a Texas spouse has made up his or her mind to divorce, there may be questions about the type of proceeding to pursue. Divorce options include litigation, arbitration, mediation or a collaborative divorce, and the decision will likely depend on the nature of the relationship between the spouses at that time. Negotiations about issues such as property division and child custody may be easier achieved when the split is amicable, but impossible in cases in which there are high levels of contention.

Property division: Convict must pay restitution to former wife

Texas couples may be interested in a legal battle in another state that underscores the importance of honesty and disclosure prior to marriage. A husband's failure to be honest and forthcoming about his past led to a legal battle about property division in another state. The issue arose when the wife, who was 19 years old when she married her 50-year-old husband in 1997, found out about her husband's indictment on charges of kidnapping and rape of an 18-year-old girl before their marriage.

When does child support terminate under Texas law?

The family court determines the amount of child support a non-custodial parent has to pay. Although circumstances may necessitate child support obligations to be modified, it can only be done with the court's permission. Informal changes can lead to the accrual of missed payments and potential enforcement under the law. In Texas, child support payments must continue until a child is emancipated.

Schedule A Consultation With An Attorney

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

One Allen Center
700 Central Expressway South
Suite 150
Allen, TX 75013

Toll Free: 800-611-2638
Fax: 972-509-2775
Map & Directions